Our Extended Day Program
This program is designed to meet the needs of working parents and is available to all children Kindergarten through 8th grade at Holy Family School. The program is in session from 6:30 am – 7:30 am and again from 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm.
The first hour of the afternoon program is a quiet homework/reading/study time. A peanut free snack is recommended to be sent with your child.
Aftercare is available on early dismissal days (unless otherwise stated on the school calendar). The hours are from 12:15 pm to 6:00 pm.
1. Extended care requires sign-up this year …how far in advance is that required? Because we are doing our best to stay within cohorts and keeping the 6 feet distancing, we would love to know a week before so we can schedule enough supervision.
2. If you sign up and don’t need care are you still billed? If you sign up and don’t need care we will not bill you. Please sign up for early morning and after care if you think you may need it. We offer this service for working parents and understand some change of plans. We are most concerned with families that do not sign up because this causes us difficulties in planning for supervision. We are doing our utmost to prevent the spread of COVID which includes having smaller groups, keeping our grades or cohorts together and keeping our handwashing and mask wearing routines. IF you know your schedule for the month or for the year, even better, communicate with us about that so we can all plan to stay healthy.
3. I heard that the first day of school is early release at 11:30. I have not seen anything else about that. I am trying to figure out when I need to arrange pick-up. I (Ms. Alton) mistakenly communicated that the first week was early release. This is incorrect. We are opening with full day schedules on Wednesday, September 2. Dismissal is at 3:15. See our About the School Day page for more information.
4. I signed up for the earliest drop-off time (7:30-7:40). Are we certain the students will be out of the car, and we will be back on our way by 7:40? Our trained wellness screeners and I will be ready before 7:30 so if you are parked in the lot at that time we can screen you at that time and God willing, you should be on your way. To expedite the process, you can be familiar with the screening questions and have your children ready to have their temperature taken.
5. At pick-up, I need to be back for my second job (about 10 min away) at 3:45. How can I be certain to meet my deadline? You are welcome to pick up your student a little earlier. In order to prevent the spread of COVID, we are dismissing direct from the classrooms. We will have staff with walkie-talkies communicate to the classrooms. We can arrange to have them leave a few minutes earlier than the 3:15 dismissal bell and wait up in front of the main office. It sure sounds like you will be doing lots of prayers so that all the lights are green! 🙂
The Holy Family community is a big family and will help each other as much as possible, but please understand that sometimes life will require a little flexibility. With God’s grace we will all work through this and come out of this unique time stronger in our faith, hope and love!